This Kind Of Love

Take the picture of The Cross. What kind of example does it show? We are to never give up on those we love. We should put others before us. I remember before I got saved I would shut God out. Always questioning why He would let me stay hurt and not do anything about it. Over and over I would turn God a way when what He wanted to do was show me His love because He knew I was lonely but I kept shutting the door on Him and not letting Him in. I wanted Him to change my situation but He wanted to change me. Sometimes we bring pain on ourselves by not letting God love on us and we claim He isn't doing anything about our situation but sometimes the best thing He can do is to change us. Is God trying to change you? One thing I remember from my experience is God never left or gave up. The door may have been shut but He was still on the other side, waiting for me to open it. I didn't need to ask Him into my life, I just needed to allow Him in. He never gives up on us and He won't give up on you. Even when you've sinned, even when you turn Him away, even when you're blaming Him, even when you're hurt, even when you're lonely, you might give up on Him but He never gives up on you. He may allow space and allow you to be alone, when you have asked, but He isn't far. He is only right behind the door. Just because it is closed, doesn't mean He isn't still there. You just can't see Him. His love brings peace and joy that lasts even in hard times. He's knocking at the door of your heart today, will you let Him in?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In A Different Way

Meaningful Moments

Update 2.0