You Are Loved

 Where do you find your worth? Where does it truly come from? 


I never understood it til now, but this year I found myself constantly questioning my own worth. "I am enough?" "Do I really deserve to be loved?" "Will I ever find someone that loves me the way I deserve?" These were all things I thought about myself. I let others actions affect how I see myself. I didn't understand how people could tell me they love me and then just walk away so easily. I was hurt and broken and looking for love. Trying to find the perfect love in others who were just as broken as I was...no wonder they hurt me. They couldn't love me the way I needed, the way I wanted. Suddenly I came to the realization, just now as I write this, that it only comes from one place...that is God. 


I realized I was looking in a place where I could never find it...take this story for example:


say there's a store. This store has been in town for many years and it is well known and highly liked. You visit this store almost everyday and it serves you very well


Now lets say that store has closed down due to financial issues. You had to the store as your normal routine says to do, but when you get there you can't get in. What you need is inside and you really want to get it from this one place because you don't know of anywhere else to go...you stand by the door foolishly waiting for something to happen...hoping that you'll be let in somehow. Lots of time passes and yet still nothing. You begin to get upset wondering how else you are going to get what you need. The shop keeper comes by and you are furious, you start yelling at him about how you can't get in and you need to...there is nothing he can do and he apologizes to you for the trouble. Someone passing by happens to know of another store nearby that is even better than this one, she tells you all about it and you decide to check it out. You realize that although you'll miss the old store this one really is much better and has exactly what you need. You're are grateful to that girl for sharing the information with you.


That is how it is for those who have found God. We have found a love that is beyond anything we could experience on this earth. It's an unconditional love that truly has no limits and is without circumstances. He loves us no matter what and even if -Live On Purpose


Anytime you feel down and like you're not loved, remind yourself that God loves you and He always will! Never forget it because it has changed my life. Don't forget to remind your children everyday as well and take time daily to thank Him for His everlasting unconditional love. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In A Different Way

Meaningful Moments

Update 2.0